We are located
in beautiful Asheville, North Carolina.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If the facility were your reception is held requires a vendor fee which
Below are a list of questions that brides usually ask. Hopefully, you will find the answer to your questions here.
1. How far in advance should I order my cake? I would suggest at least six months in advance.
2. Is a deposit required to order my wedding cake? Yes. The order will not be confirmed and the wedding date secured until we have actually written an order explaining all details of the cake and delivery information. You will be given a copy of the order. A 20% non refundable deposit is required before a date can be held. Final payment for the cake is due 10 days before the wedding date.
3. Is there a delivery charge for delivering the wedding cake? Yes, there is a delivery charge for the time involved in delivering and setting up the cake. If a fountain is involved there is an additional set-up charge for this. The delivery charge is usually $35.00 within Buncombe County. Out of Buncombe County is based on the distance. Placing the flowers on the cake is included in this charge. However, if the flowers are not at the reception site at the agreed delivery time, we are not able to wait for the flowers to arrive. When we have to wait on flowers, we run the risk of being late for another cake delivery. In this case, the florist may need to place the flowers on your cake.
4. After I have ordered the cake and paid a deposit, when is the balance due? The balance for the wedding cake is due at least 10 days before the wedding date. If you request it, we will be glad to send a notice a few weeks before showing the final balance due.
5. Can I pick up my wedding cake? Yes, you can choose to pick up the wedding cake. In fact, we do not usually offer delivery on small wedding cakes (under 50 servings).
There are some designs, however, such as a three tiered stacked cake that are not as easy for you to transport as others. It is really advisable to let us delivery any stacked cake design because of the risk involved. Please be advised that we are not responsible for a wedding cake that is picked up and damaged after it leaves Sweet Promises.
6. If plates, stands a fountain or other equipment is used for my cake, do I need to return these items? Yes! We take a deposit for the replacement cost of any of our equipment used in the wedding cake. This is handled as a separate check apart from the cost of the wedding cake. After the wedding, when all equipment is returned to us clean and in good condition, we will return your check to you. We ask that you return any equipment within five days of the wedding.
7. Can I have more than one flavor for my wedding cake? Yes. This is a great idea. If you order the basic flavors such as Butter Pound, White Velvet or Chocolate Fudge, we allow two flavors within a three tiered cake at no extra charge. If we use more than two flavors, then there will be an extra charge.
8. Which is best for using on my cake, silk or fresh flowers? Either can be used and both are beautiful. If you choose fresh flowers, just make sure to let your florist know that the flowers for the cake should not be flowers that have been sprayed with any insecticides. A great thing about silk flowers is that they can be put on the cake much earlier than fresh flowers, without having to worry about wilting.
9. Do you offer a taste testing? Yes. We offer one consultation and cake tasting at no charge. If an additonal consultation is needed, there is a $25.00 charge. Whenever you set up an appointment to come out and discuss your wedding cake, we offer a tasting of my most requested, Butter Pound Cake and a variety of other flavors.
10. Do you offer cake serving services? Occasionally, if we only have one cake for that date, we will have time to offer our services for serving the cake. The charge for this is $60.00 for two hours. However, most of the time we are unable to commit to this because of another cake delivery.
11. I'm having a large wedding and would like to cut down on the cost of my cake, do you have any suggestions? Yes. One thing that is very popular is to order a smaller wedding cake, perhaps for 100 or 150 guests and then order sheet cakes to make up the difference in the servings. This is a great way to save money. The sheet cakes can be cut first, while your main cake stays beautiful longer! I charge $35.00 for an undecorated half sheet cake. (This sheet cake would have a top and bottom shell border only and would serve approx. 40 guests.)
Promises Wedding Cakes
Promote Your Page Too